Monday, April 23, 2012

That's NoComedy

Okay, guys, I've been promising you a guest blog. This is number 1, the amazing NoComedy!

Hello, everybody! I'm JM, and today Katie and I have decided to swap blogs! So here I am, posting on her blog, and she's over working some magic on my blog (nocomedy.blogspot.com). 
The topic is public transport, because we all have a little something to say about it, huh? Buses being late, or not even showing up, scary people on the train...you know. Anyway, I want to take some time to put a positive spin on public transport. Thus, I submit to you all:

THINGS I LIKE ABOUT PUBLIC TRANSPORT

- Bus drivers who actually wait for the person running desperately towards the bus as it pulls away from the stop.
- That lady who helped me when I didn't know what bus stop to get off at the first time I caught the bus to a mates place.
- I have to walk ten minutes to my train station. This is a good thing because I like walking :)
- Seeing the occasional bus driver dressed as Father Christmas around December.
- Accidentally overhearing interesting conversations.
- That feeling of relief when you get off the bus/train and out into fresh air after you've been stuck sitting next to a heavy smoker.
- Popcorn. I suppose it's not really about public transport, but I have some right now and it's awesome.
- How some buses look like they have faces. I like the smiley buses.
- Standing on the platform in the middle of the articulated buses (or 'tickle buses', as I used to call them when I was little) when the bus goes around a tight corner.

Also there is a bus stop near my house where the seat is angled in such a way that I can't touch the ground with my feet when I'm sitting on it. At first I didn't like it at all, but I've come to like the way that it makes me feel like I'm a little kid again.


And that's all I can think of right now. I'm too distracted by popcorn. Bye! :)

JM writes and draws over at That's NoComedy and it would make her happy if you went and visited. Don't you want to make her happy?

2 comments:

  1. I found something else I like about trains! It's extra reading time that I otherwise wouldn't have because I'm so fantastically busy all the time :)

    Also, something I DON'T like about trains/buses: sitting near a group of bogan teens (probably highschool dropouts, but I'm not here to judge) talking about how they would modify VN Commodores to make them 'even more awesome'. I moved seat after one mentioned chopped suspension and spinners in the same sentence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chopped suspension AND spinners? Yikes. It's amazing you lasted that long :)

      Delete